How Do I Install the .Zip file to Manually Update My Plugin?
Each time we upgrade the Smart Podcast Player, we send out a notification email. To prompt your site to check for an upgrade, follow the steps in this article: How do I upgrade my plugin?
After following these steps, if you do not see the upgrade notification in your plugins panel, email us. We’ll send you the zip file so that you can manually upgrade. After you receive that file, follow these steps.
To Manually Upgrade
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins.
- Find the Smart Podcast Player in your list of plugins.
- Click Deactivate. Then, when the page reloads, click Delete. (Note: Don't worry about the warning that it will delete all your Smart Podcast Player files and settings—the settings will actually be saved. You'll see them when you re-install the plugin.)
- In Plugins, click Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin.
- Click Choose File to select the zip file containing the updated version of the SPP plugin.
- Click Activate Plugin.
You're done! Your license and/or SoundCloud consumer key, as applicable, will automatically add back in to Settings.