New Features for Version 2.6
In November 2018, we released Version 2.6 of the Smart Podcast Player. The below are the updates and fixes included in Version 2.6!
The Sticky Player
We've added another podcast player to your subscription! Now you'll have
three podcast players in
The new Sticky Player is available to all Smart Podcast Player subscribers with Version 2.6.
But just what
is the Sticky Player?
The Sticky Player is a stand-alone podcast player that's designed to automatically stick to the bottom or top (your choosing!) of your WordPress website. It's completely separate from the track player and full player, which means you have three options in podcast players on your website!
Pretty nifty, right? You can even exclude pages you don't want the Sticky Player to be on. Check it out in action and learn how to add it to your own website:
In addition to the Sticky Player, we've been busy enhancing your existing SPP experience as well as squashing a few bugs. Here's the rest of what we've added into Version 2.6:
- Support for the new WordPress editor, Gutenberg. Read our Gutenberg compatibility support doc for more details!
- Added background color options for the mobile track player.
- Fixed email embed code bug.
- Discovered a smart workaround for a resizing bug in Safari.
- Fixed a sound duplication bug.
- Squashed a bug where the track player failed to restart after finishing the track.
- Fixed filenames of downloaded mp3s.
- And added the option to not cache feeds.
For more in-depth updates on a few of the above items, read below!
Support for the New Gutenberg WordPress Editor
If you've logged into the back end of your WordPress website recently, you may have seen a notice from WordPress about the new Gutenberg editor. Gutenberg is replacing TinyMCE as the default WordPress editor. We have successfully added SPP/STP buttons into Gutenberg.
Background Colors for the Mobile Track Player
Now, for your mobile track players, you can add any background color you want! You can find that option in the Player Defaults tab under Player Design Settings. Here's an example:
Well, that about does it! If you have any questions about Version 2.6, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email: email@example.com.