Gutenberg Editor Compatibility
As we mentioned in our 2.5 release notes, the Gutenberg editor is now the default text editor for WordPress 5.0. This support article will walk you through how Smart Podcast Player works with the Gutenberg editor, as it's a bit different from the previous editor (TinyMCE).
Gutenberg compatibility is now available in Version 2.6.
Getting to Know Gutenberg
First, we encourage you to check out the Gutenberg plugin site to learn more about how the default WordPress editor has changed. Second, you can download the plugin from the plugin site or directly from your Plugins menu in WordPress, as you can see here:
Adding the Smart Podcast Player in Gutenberg
- Click the Add Block button (circle with + sign in the middle) in the upper-left corner of your page builder.
- Look for Smart Podcast Player or Smart Track Player, depending on which builder you need. You'll find it in the Widgets section. You can also search for the two builders. Type the word "Smart" and Smart Podcast Player and Smart Track Player will appear in the Widgets menu.
- For this example, we clicked on the Smart Podcast Player widget. After you click on the widget, you'll get this Shortcode:
- Click on the drop-down menu (upper-left) and click Show Block Settings.
- After you click Show Block Settings, to the right you'll see a new menu for the Smart Podcast Player, with the shortcode builder.
- Click Edit shortcode to open up the shortcode builder menu you are familiar with.