Introduction to Email Capture
Added in version 2.3
Now you can add email capture to your Smart Podcast Player! Directly from your player, entice your listeners to sign up for your email newsletter!
Here's everything you need to know about Email Capture for your Smart Podcast Player:
Once you add the latest version of the plugin to your WordPress website, you will see an Email Integration tab in your Smart Podcast Player settings.
To Get Started, click on the Email Integration tab. And then click on the drop-down menu.
You will see four options to choose from (click on the one below for complete instructions for your preferred email option):
- Disable feature (i.e., disable email capture)
- ConvertKit (*Choose this if your email tool is ConvertKit) >> Click here to be taken to the ConvertKit email capture set up.
- MailChimp (*Choose this if your email tool is MailChimp) >> Click here to be taken to the MailChimp email capture set up.
- Other (Connect with Zapier) >> Click here to be taken to the Zapier email capture set up.
Note: Click on the above links for full email capture set-up instructions for your specified email tool.
Email Capture: What to Expect
Full player with email capture ("Join Email List" button)
Track player with email capture ("Sign me up!" button)
Email Integration tab (with ConvertKit selected as Email service provider)
- ConvertKit API Key: You add your own ConvertKit API key here (for full ConvertKit set-up instructions, click here).
- ConvertKit Form ID: You add your own ConvertKit Form ID here (for full ConvertKit set-up instructions, click here).
- Button text: This is your email capture button text/call to action (tip: Keep it short. We recommend "Join Email List" or "Email Sign Up")
- Button background color: This is your email capture button color.
- Button text color: This is your email capture button text color. (Tip: For darker color buttons, keep the button text color as white.)
- Open call to action: Choose when you want the email capture pop-up to open for your listeners. 1) Only when user clicks the button (i.e., when the user clicks the button, the pop-up will trigger); 2) Automatically after [insert number] seconds in each episode (i.e., the email capture pop-up will trigger after the amount of seconds you indicated; 3) Automatically when [insert number] seconds remain in each episode (i.e., the email capture pop-up will trigger with however many seconds you indicated before your episode ends.
Call to Action
Where you will personalize your email capture form.
Note: The Email Integration tab will come with default text. For those in non-English speaking countries, the default text will be translated automatically based on the language settings in your browser. If you change the default text, however, they will not be automatically translated based on the browser settings.
- Dialog box:
- Use basic CTA: Customize this Call To Action (CTA) using the fields below.
- Use embed code from email provider: Use the HTML Embed code from your email provider (MailChimp, ConvertKit, or other via Zapier). For complete instructions, go to: Email Capture with ConvertKit, Email Capture with MailChimp, or Email Capture with Zapier.
- Image URL: Add your brand logo or image.
- Main text header: Header text call to action.
- Main text body: Description of what your listeners will get by subscribing to your email list.
- User's first name: Optional. You can request and require.
- User's last name: Optional. You can request and require.
- Button text: CTA button text on pop-up.
Email Capture in Action!
Once a listener adds their name and email address to the dialog box/email capture pop-up shown above, they will be added to your email list (in MailChimp, ConvertKit, or other via Zapier). Pretty nifty!
Note: If you want to have email capture featured on one page, but not featured on another, you'd set up email capture as you want in the Email Integration tab as usual. Then, for those player you don't want the email capture option shown, add email_portal="none" to your shortcode.
Have any questions? Please don't hesitate to ask. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.