How Do I Clear the Player's Cache?
Sometimes, your website can "hold on" to old code or data used by the Smart Podcast Player, which can cause a number of issues. A player may fail to load correctly, or new plugin features may not appear in your WordPress Dashboard. Or when you update your feed with new episodes, there might be a delay before the new episode shows up in the player.
In each of these circumstances, it may be helpful to clear the player's cache. This forces the player to load the freshest data, ensuring that the player is using the latest code and the most recent version of your feed.
The cache-clearing function is available in the Advanced section of the Smart Podcast Player's Settings area, as detailed in this article. To clear the cache, simply follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Settings -> Smart Podcast Player.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Next to Clear SPP Cache, click the Clear Cache button.
- a) If you're troubleshooting a player that's not loading correctly, reload your podcast page while holding the Shift key.
b) If you're troubleshooting missing features in a new version of the SPP plugin, log out and log back in to your WordPress Dashboard and see if the new features have shown up.
If you're still encountering difficulties after trying the above, you can send us a note at email@example.com.