How Do I Find My Libsyn RSS and Track Links?
Thank you for purchasing the Smart Podcast Player. This video is for Libsyn users. In this video, we’ll show you how to find the URLs you will need for both the Smart Podcast Player and the Smart Track Player.
Note: This video is no longer part of the Getting Started series. Ignore the "this is the second video in the setup guide."
Finding the RSS Feed (for the Smart Podcast Player)
For the Smart Podcast Player, you will need to know your podcast’s RSS feed URL.
Easiest Way: Regan Starr's App
The easiest method for finding your podcast RSS URL is to use this great tool, created by Regan Starr:
- Click on the link above.
- Type in your podcast name, as it is listed in the iTunes store.
- Find your podcast and copy the URL.
Pat's Podcasting Tutorial Users
If you set up your podcast using Pat's Podcasting Tutorial, then you probably used the PowerPress plugin to create your feed. Here's how to find your RSS feed URL:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the left-hand menu, click on PowerPress.
- Go to the tabs across the top, and click on Feeds. Scroll down to “Podcast Feeds” and you’ll find your podcast feed here.
- If you set up more than one podcast in your PowerPress installation, click on “Category Podcasting” in the PowerPress menu. You'll find your separate category podcasts here. Copy the link for the show you want.
Libsyn Classic Feed
If you don't remember doing anything special to set up your podcast feed, you're probably using Libsyn's Classic Feed.
- Log in to Libsyn.
- Click on Destinations.
- In the Quick Links section, you’ll see your Libsyn Classic Feed.
Now you have your podcast RSS feed. Finding an individual track link is much simpler.
Finding Single Episode URLs (for the Smart Track Player)
These steps will help you find the individual track link for the Smart Track Player. You're looking for the link that ends in .MP3.
- Log in to Libsyn.
- Go to Content --> Previously Published.
- Here you will find all of your posts. Find the episode you want to share and click on the links button.
- This will open up a box with several links. You want the “Direct Download URL,” which ends in .MP3.