Social Buttons: How to Choose Your Preferred Social Networks
Here's how to customize which social sharing buttons (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.) appear on your Smart Podcast and Smart Track Players. You can show between zero and seven social sharing buttons in both the Smart Podcast Player and the Smart Track Player.
There are two methods available to do this:
- While using the shortcode builder
- Manually adding a text string to your shortcode
Read below for instructions on both methods.
Using the Shortcode Builder
The Smart Podcast and Smart Track Player shortcode builders allow you to select which four social sharing buttons appear on the player.
To customize social sharing using the shortcode builder:
- Verify that Social Sharing is set to On.
- Next to Social sharing buttons, check the social networks you would like to display.
- Set up the other elements of the shortcode as desired. (For the full tutorial on using the shortcode builders to set up the full Smart Podcast Player, go to this post; for the tutorial on setting up the individual Smart Track Player, go to this post.)
Choosing the Social Sharing Buttons Manually
To select the social buttons manually, you'll need to add two items to your [smart_podcast_player] or [smart_track_player] shortcode:
- First, turn on social sharing by adding this to your shortcode:
- Then, add in your preferred social networks:
Here's a sample shortcode with Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, and Pinterest social sharing:
[smart_podcast_player url="https://soundcloud.com/askpat/" social="true" social_twitter="true" social_facebook="true" social_stumble="true" social_pinterest="true" ]