Getting Started #4: Installing the Plugin
Follow the steps in this video to install the zip file for your Smart Podcast Player WordPress plugin. Note: If you purchased your plugin after June 6, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. Central, your purchase did not go through Gumroad. We are in the process of updating the support video; see the instructions below for where to retrieve your plugin zip file and license key.
Downloading the Plugin
If you make your purchase before June 6, 2017, you made your purchase on a site called Gumroad. If you made it on June 6, 2017 or later, you went through a sales page on SamCart that is connected to our custom login portal. For both systems, you will receive emails containing the information you need.
- A .zip file to download (Gumroad email subject line is "Here's the Smart Podcast Player Zip File." SPP Portal email subject line is "Smart Podcast Player License Key")
- Your license key (paid users only)
Email with Zip File
Here is what the Gumroad email with the zip file looks like:
Here is what the SPP Portal email looks like:
Download the Plugin
If you didn’t save these at your initial purchase, you can easily retrieve them. For Gumroad, you can access them either by logging back in to Gumroad and visiting your library of purchases (look for the little book icon) or by searching your email inbox for an email from email@example.com.
If you don't see the product in your library, go to this Gumroad article to add the player to your library.
For the SPP Portal, click on the Login link on smartpodcastplayer.com (yellow circle). Login with the email address you used to purchase your player (you probably created an account when you purchased; if not, create one now). You can download the plugin again under the My Account dropdown (orange circle). You can retrieve your license keys under the License Keys section in the left-hand menu (red circle).
Install the Plugin
- Log in your WordPress dashboard. In most cases, you will this by adding /wp-login.php to your website’s url.
- In the left-hand menu, click on Plugins. This will take you to your plugins menu, where you’ll see all of your previously installed plugins.
- At the top, click on the Add New button. From here, click on the Upload link.
- Click on Choose File and find the Smart Podcast Player .zip file that you downloaded.
- Click Install Now. Once you have installed the Smart Podcast Player plugin, WordPress will ask if you would like to activate the plugin. Click on the word Activate.
Finally, paid users will need to add your license key to the Settings menu. This license key unlocks all the premium features.
- Click on the Go to Settings button, or navigate by going to Settings --> Smart Podcast Player.
- Copy your license key from the email and paste it into the License Key box. Click Save Changes.
You’ve now successfully installed the Smart Podcast Player plugin. Let’s get it configured for your podcast.